In the hot summer months, we always strive to drink a little extra water to stay hydrated. We stock up on water bottles and carry them with us everywhere we go to prevent dehydration. This is an exceptional practice to ensure optimal hydration and overall health. One thing we might not quickly consider, though, is the water bottle itself. Amid your daily errand running, it’s easy to leave your water bottle in the car and go about your business.
Did you know that this one seemingly harmless act could result in a fire? This isn’t something that one would ever imagine happening. Thanks to an informative video from Idaho Power, we now know this is could easily happen to anyone. In the clip below, Dioni Amuchastegui tells about a time he experienced this firsthand. He was taking a lunch break in his truck and had a water bottle sitting in the seat beside him. Like any of us, he seemingly thought nothing of it.
He soon began to notice a small bit of smoke out of the corner of his eye. When he looked over, he realized that because of the water bottle and the direct sunlight, two small holes had been burned into the leather seats! He never would have imagined that he would see something like that much less experience it. Since this occurrence, he decided to make this video to spread awareness in hopes of preventing this from happening to anyone else. Check out his video below!
If you found this story informative, be sure to share it with your friends on Facebook!