The Sharp family from Iowa was reported missing after they failed to make their flight home on Wednesday, March 21. The last time any of their extended family had heard from them was after they landed safely in Mexico on March 15 and made it to the condo they were renting in Tulum. After filing a missing persons report with the American Embassy in Mexico, mexican authorities went to the condo where they found the family of four inside, deceased.
The family had been dead in the condo for at least 36-48 hours by the time police found them. There were no signs of foul play evident, and an official investigation was launched. Authorities have finally revealed the official cause of death, and is bringing peace to their extended family, knowing that the family was not murdered.
The family died from some sort of gas asphyxiation, but officials are still waiting for toxicology reports before announcing the gas. However, it is believed that the family passed away after a gas leak developed in their condo. Please keep the family’s loved ones in your thoughts and prayers as they face this horrifying loss.
This is a horrible story, and we know that sometimes we need a reminder of the good in the world after a horrible time like this, so be sure to check out the video below!