We use cookies for analytics, advertising and to improve our site. You agree to our use of cookies by closing this message box or continuing to use our site. To find out more, including how to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy.

Sue Thought She Had a 24-Hour Bug. What She ACTUALLY Had Almost Took Her Life...

April 06, 2017

Some symptoms of heart attacks are more commonly known. If you read one thing today, make sure it is this. Knowing this information could save your life and/or the lives of others!

The Washington Post recently shared a story from a lady named Sue Palmer. Sue is a 46-year-old attorney from Nashville, Tennessee. She woke up in the middle of the night thinking she had caught a virus. As it turns out, it was something much more serious...

Sue writes:

"On Tuesday, January 13, 2015, I suddenly became wide awake at 5 a.m. I lay in bed with my eyes open for maybe a minute, thinking, 'Hmm, this is weird. I feel kind of funny.' Within about 30 seconds, I rushed to the bathroom and there up. I felt very cold and climbed back into bed with my husband and snuggled under the covers. A minute later, though, I knew I was going to be sick again. I furred I was coming down with a virus, but it was strange how suddenly it had come on."

Her husband instantly became concerned. He had lost his father at an early age to a heart attack and had a gut feeling that his wife may have been experiencing something greater than a little 24-hour virus.

He noticed her hands were cold and clammy, and the color had drained from her face. He urged her to go to the emergency room, just in case. While she thought he was being silly, she could see the concern in his face and decided to go in.

"The doctor asked me a bunch of questions. Nope, I don't have chest pain. Nope, I don't smoke. Nope, my cholesterol is normal. Nope, I don't have any history of her problems in my family. I exercise regularly. I eat well. I have never had a surgery or even been seriously ill. Gee, I have never even had an IV. I'm super healthy. He commented that I looked healthy, am not overweight and in good shape."

Everything seemed to be just as Sue had suspected - nothing serious. After the results from an EKG came back, though, things took a very different turn.

She was immediately rushed into emergency surgery. After awaking, she was told that when she arrived at the hospital, she was in the middle of having a heart attack.

"Dr. Fredi had taken me into the catheterization lab and determined that my right coronary artery was 100% blocked, and the center artery (LAD) was 70% blocked. LAD blockage is the problem they call 'the widow maker' because it is the most frequent source of sudden death. Doctors say it is a true serial killer."

"Plaque had ruptured in the wall of my right coronary artery, which cause the clot to form and can produce the sort of nausea that made me throw up. That was my only warning sign. If I had gone back to sleep that morning, as I had wanted to, I may not have awakened. If I did, there would have likely been devastating damage done to my heart."

Thankfully, Sue decided to tell her story in hopes of saving the lives of thousands of others. Her symptoms were highly unrecognizable for heart attack warnings, but her husband's gut instinct proved true.

If you ever feel like something just isn't quite right in your body, there's a good chance that your instinct is right. It's much better to be safe than sorry in situations like this. 

SHARE this story on your Facebook page to bring awareness to this!