Source: Palace Responds To Meghan’s Daddy Dilemma, Laying Out One Condition Before Allowing Him To Have Contact With Daughter

latest
August 16, 2018

Over the past few months, all we seem to hear about is Meghan Markle's American family and their rather tactless reaction to their inability to get the Duchess' attention ever since she joined the Royal Family. At the top of the complaint list is her own father, Thomas Markle, Sr., who, after pulling out of the wedding on May 19th due to health problems, has been speaking to the press - and what he has had to say has not been good.

The relationship between father and daughter has been rather rocky over the years, but there had been immense hope that Meghan's dad's appearance at the royal wedding would have started the healing process from all the years of difficulty. But alas, that was not to be.

Surrounding his no-show was the scandal that the senior Markle had staged photos for paparazzi leading up to the wedding - and the stress from the fallout from that stunt caused his heart attack.

The Daily Mail reported recently that Mr. Markle said at the time, “I tell you, I’ve just about reached my limit with Meghan and the Royal Family.

“They want me to be silent, they want me to just go away. But I won’t be silenced. I refuse to stay quiet. They have Meghan treating her father in a way that Harry’s mother Princess Diana would have loathed.”

Invoking the name of the beloved Princess Diana was evidently a bad idea, and the public responded with vitriol directed at Markle.

As things began spiraling downward and Markle's frustration mounted over his inability to reach his daughter, he came out with a dramatic statement: “Maybe it would be better if I was dead.” Playing the sympathy card didn't seem to work in this situation, as his pleas were, once again, ignored.

Express has similar information “The Duchess has reportedly cut off contact with her father and not spoken to him for over 12 weeks since the Royal wedding in response to reports that Mr. Markle staged a series of paparazzi photos.

“Mr. Markle has since accused the Duchess of cutting him out of her life, and raised concerns that he may never see his grandchildren if Meghan and Harry become parents.

His emotions had gotten the best of him when he said: “I’m really hurt that she’s cut me off completely. I used to have a phone number and text number for her personal aides at the Palace, but after I said a few critical words about the Royal Family changing Meghan, they cut me off.”

Well, it looks as though nothing is going to be changing any time soon, as the Duchess refuses to speak with her dad until he can do so in a “respectful manner”, according to a Royal source.

It seems that the Markle situation is at an impasse, and leaves us wondering what it will take to set things off in a different direction. We continue to hope that father and daughter can work things out and find a way back to each other. Both parties are hurting right now and any progress toward reconciliation would do a lot to relieve some of their agony.

Next: Meghan’s Mom Takes Drastic Action In Light Of Daughter’s Unrelenting Persecution By Family Members - Fans Standing Up And Cheering Her Courage