Who doesn't love a good nap? In case you needed some proof on the benefits of an afternoon siesta, I've got you covered. Here are 9 Interesting Facts About Napping...
1. A shorter nap (around 20-30 minutes) is recommended for improved short-term alertness. A shorter nap leaves you feeling refreshed and focused without making you feel groggy or interfering with your nighttime sleep.
2. A study at NASA on military pilots found that short naps improved performance by up to 34%.
3. If you’re feeling extra stressed, a nap can act as a sort of mini-vacation allowing you to relax and escape for a short period of time.
4. Even if you can’t fall asleep, even just laying down for a short time can be beneficial as it lowers blood pressure, thus relieving a small amount of stress.
5. One study found that napping at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes resulted in a 37% lower death rate due to heart problems.
6. Napping doesn’t always keep you awake – studies have found that they can actually increase your ability to stay asleep all night by 12% and lower the time required to fall asleep by 14%.
CLICK "NEXT PAGE" TO READ THE REST OF THE STORY...