When Prince Louis made his debut at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital on April 23rd, he set a new record, but hardly anyone was talking about it. Now, just one two months later Zara Tindall’s little girl has stolen that ‘crown’ right off of little Louis’ royal head.
So, what is this exclusive category in which Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Mia Tindall, and Isla and Savannah Phillips have all competed, albeit unwittingly?
For starters, all seven of the current generation of Royal babies could hold their own in this competitive category, but the newly-crowned champ is the littlest royal, the as-yet-unnamed second daughter for rugby star Mike Tindall and Queen Elizabeth’s granddaughter, Zara Phillips.
The category we are playfully referring to is that of all great-grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth II, and someone somewhere has decided to keep track of how each one ‘weighs in’ in comparison to the others. We’re talking about birth weight, with the newest Royal baby taking the award for heaviest of all.
The Tindalls’ second little girl, born on June 18th weighed in at a whopping nine pounds three ounces, toppling previous champ cousin Savannah Phillips who held the title for seven years - tipping the scales at the previous record of eight pounds, eight ounces.
So, how do the other royal kids stack up against the new ‘little’ arrival? Here are their rankings according to birth weight:
7) Mia Tindall (four-year-old daughter of Zara Phillips, only daughter of Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth’s only daughter; and big sis of new arrival) - seven pounds, three ounces;
6) Isla Phillips (six-year-old daughter of Peter Phillips, Princess Anne’s only son) - seven pounds, four ounces;
5) Princess Charlotte (middle child and only daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate) - eight pounds, three ounces;
4) Prince George (oldest child and older of two sons of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate) - eight pounds, six ounces;
3) Prince Louis (youngest child and younger of two sons of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate) eight pounds, seven ounces;
2) Savannah Phillips (seven-year-old daughter of Peter Phillips, Princess Anne’s only son) - eight pounds, eight ounces;
1) New Baby (second daughter of Mike and Zara Tindall born June 18th) - nine pounds, three ounces, a full two pounds more than big sister, Mia!
Now that’s a whole lot of baby! Here’s hoping that the newest little lady will grow up strong and healthy; if her starting weight is any prediction, there should be no worries in the Tindall household! She should be wearing that crown for a long, long time! And we can hardly wait to see photos of the new little darling!!
To look back on the first photos released of Prince Louis, watch the video, below.