I love receiving Christmas cards in the mail, but they are even more special when they arrive with an annual family update. It is always a pleasure to read the highlights of the lives of our family and friends each year. That is why I thought it would be fun to compile a list of some of the highlights of the lives of the Royal Family.
1. The first is no doubt the one that everyone is still talking about and the world can't seem to get enough of! The Royal engagement of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle and the announcement of their upcoming May 19th wedding.
2. The Queen and Prince Phillip celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary. Not many couples make it to their platinum anniversary, what a milestone!
3. 2017 marked 20 years since the tragic death of Princess Diana. The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry paid tribute to their mother, the late Princess Diana, and the Sunken Garden at Kensington was transformed into a white garden in her memory. They also released some photos from their mother's personal album.
4. Prince George turned four years old and started school at Thomas' Battersea.
5. Princess Charlotte turned two years old and received her first bouquet of flowers.
6. Prince George and Princess Charlotte were both adorable participants in their Aunt Pippa Middleton's wedding. I wonder if they will be in their Uncle Harry's wedding too?
7. Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II marked her 65th year as the Queen of England.
8. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced that they are expecting their third child in April of this year. New babies are always an exciting moment to look forward to! The Duchess even seems to be feeling better this time than she did during her former pregnancies. Everyone is wondering if they will be adding another little prince or another little princess?