Things From Times You Never Saw.
1. Camping out in 1918.
2. This couple pose in an early version of American Gothic, with a groundhog killed on their Manchester farm. It's dinner! 1914
3. Huntress “Gusty” Wallihan appears every inch the frontier matron with her dressy bonnet, prairie-pattern cartridge belt, floral-embroidered gauntlets, hunting knife, and Remington-Hepburn rifle. 1895
4. At least this one won’t be quite as dangerous as the old single wheeled models. Look in the trailer over the back wheel. They have their baby in there!
5. This was the approved way to change the street lamps in 1910.
6. A single Paddy Wagon. Never knew they had such a vehicle! This is way cool.
7. Here is an early motorhome, built in 1926.
8. This is a travel tent accessory built in 1910.
9. These are vintage treadmills in the 1920’s.
10. This is a 1920’s refrigerator. Only the elite could afford such a thing!
11. A hair dryer in the 1920 Salon. What a contraption!
12. Chester E. Macduffee next to his newly patented, 250 kilo diving suit, 1911.
13. A postcard from the 1800’s advertising a knife throwing act with the traveling circus.
14. A Strongwoman balances a piano and the pianist on her chest. 1920
15. London, in the 1920’s, this was a telephone engineer. What a job!
16. A Gibson Girl in her corset in the early 1900’s. Those poor women. This was one fad That really hurt a lot of women for life.
Be sure to SHARE this story with your friends!