Chad Collins was enjoying a relaxing Saturday morning at his home in San Jose, California when he heard a loud boom that left him rattled. At first, he thought it was a horrible accident on the nearby I-880, but when he ventured outside, he was shocked to find black smoke coming from his elderly neighbor's house.
The explosion had lifted the roof from the home, and the other neighbors were trying desperately to help her. Doug Lepaine was working with their fellow neighbors as they tried to help her out of the home, able to hear her voice but not see her. One of the neighbors tried to kick the door in, and the others stayed back, afraid of another explosion. While Chad called 911, he saw the neighbor still trapped in her home and raced into action.
Without hesitation, Chad grabbed the neighbor and guided her out of the burning building. Less than a minute after their escape, the home burst into flames once more, showing everyone what would have happened if it wasn’t for Chad’s bravery. Chad and his neighbor are alive and well, and while she may have lost her home, she didn’t lose her life. Check out the related video below!