Hundreds of Americans Are Infected With Parasite After World’s Most Famous Fast-Food Chain Becomes Plagued

latest
July 18, 2018

Terrifying news from the United States Food and Drug Administration broke on July 15th, 2018 that a multi-state parasite outbreak that has infected over 100 people.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1018462196332933121

The parasite is called “cyclosporiasis” and has been linked to the most popular international fast-food chain, McDonald's.

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1017887669219667968

As of July 15th, officials reported that infected salads had been pulled from McDonald's. More than 14 states have been affected by the McDonald’s parasite and since the breaking news, more than 3,000 locations have removed the parasite-ridden salad from their menu.

https://twitter.com/jilevin/status/1018556115225890816

The CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has shared that the parasite is not found in just one type of salad but in all salads. “Many ill people reported eating salads from McDonald’s restaurants located in the Midwest. People reported eating a variety of McDonald’s salads,”

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1018180322507350017

The states with suspected parasites are Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

https://twitter.com/grubstreet/status/1019363949635129344

Symptoms for the parasite have led to hospital visits. Patricia Quinlisk of the Iowa Department of Public Health shared “Anyone who ate these salads since the middle of June and who developed diarrhea, especially watery diarrhea and fatigue, should see their health care provider and get tested for Cyclospora to ensure an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.”

If you have been affected by this parasite, please see a doctor. Please join us in prayer as we lift up those who have been affected by Cyclosporiasis.

https://twitter.com/people/status/1017819124800647168

Share this story on Facebook to save lives!